As visitors begin to return to the glorious Lake District National Park, we thought we’d share this handy guide from Cumbria Tourism to provide you with all the information you need to visit safely.
While our rural location and sparse population make social distancing that little bit easier, it’s always handy to have a few extra tips to hand to help you make the most of your visit to this amazing place.
- Please be aware that some places will be far busier than others
- There may be pressure on parking so do check ahead for up to date car park capacity here
- Although facilities are opening gradually, they may still be limited and it’s advisable to book if you’re planning to eat out
- If you fancy a day out, why not explore somewhere new, somewhere quieter – and make sure you plan your route in advance
- Contactless payments are encouraged
Once You Are Here
- Always keep 2 metres apart from those outside your group
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Pay by contactless card
- Always follow the Countryside Code
- Please clear up your litter and take it with you
Staying Safe in the Outdoors
If you are planning outdoor activities, be Adventure Smart by asking yourself three simple questions:
Do I have the right gear?
- Make sure you have a fully charged mobile phone, torch and whistle
- Have sufficient food and drink, as well as warm waterproof clothing
- Carry navigation equipment (that you know how to use)
Do I know what the weather will be like?
- Keep an eye on the forecast and alter your plans and routes accordingly
Am I confident I have the knowledge and skills for the day?
- Help support our already stretched emergency services by not pushing yourself beyond your comfort zone
- Always inform a third party of your intended route
- For safety on water information, please click here
We hope that this helps and that you will safely visit the Lake District. It’s such a fabulous place and we look forward to seeing you.
Top tips to visit safely
In the meantime, here are some other useful information resources – definitely worth checking to help you visit the Lake District safely:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Simply click here to visit our contact page or call us on 015394 45756