All sessions begin with an introduction to the bird and how to handle it. As well some background into, our experienced falconer will also give you tips on carrying the hawk on the glove.
Experience the thrill of the bird flying from a nearby tree or wall straight to your gloved hand. Learn all about the birds, their behavioural habits and the history of falconry. The walk lasts approximately one hour and is no further than a couple of miles. Taking place on the Matson Ground Estate, you will also be treated to stunning views of Lake Windermere and the Lake District fells beyond, so make sure you bring a camera.
- Suitable for families and groups
- Experience lasts approximately one hour and is no further than two miles in total
- This is a year-round activity so please dress appropriately for the season
- Please remember that this is a countryside walk so sturdy footwear is a must
- No previous experience with birds of prey is necessary as you’ll be given full instructions