Locally Sourced Lake District FoodBACK
7th March 2021
We are thrilled to be able to offer our guests some wonderful locally sourced Lake District food, courtesy of local business, ‘A Days Walk’.
We’ve worked with ‘A Days Walk’ to put together a bespoke welcome hamper, containing delicious local produce, ensuring you’ll have the essentials waiting for you when you arrive at Birkdale House.
We’ve included classic artisan muesli, brimming with almonds, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and raisins; organic apple juice, made in the heart of the north Cumbria countryside; some delicious Cumbrian butter made from free range cream, direct from Winter Tarn Farm near Appleby; and some succulent Cumbrian country-cured back bacon.
The perfect start to any stay in the beautiful Lake District National Park.
Our full welcome hamper includes:
One large white farmhouse cob from Grange Bakery
Six eggs from Geldard Free Range Eggs
Award-winning Artman Classic Muesli from Lakeland Mues
Organic Apple Juice from Eva’s Organics
Butter from Winter Tarn Dairy
Two pints of whole milk from South Lakes Organics
Tea and coffee from Rinaldo’s
Olives from Silver Green in Penrith
Bacon (900g for 10 guests) from Woodalls
We will also include biscuits and crisps.
If you want to upgrade your hamper, we’ve can also include some top-quality cooked ham, cured and full of flavour from Taste of the Lakes in Maryport; a luxury, creamy Eden Valley Brie from the Appleby Creamery; and the finest Cartmel Valley Game Smoked Salmon, smoked in their own Cumbrian smokehouse, bringing a flavour of the fells to this delicate fish.
There will be an additional fee for the luxury bespoke hamper.
A Day’s Walk: Locally Sourced Food
Every item A Day’s Walk supplies comes from a local farmer, grower, producer or business within a day’s walk of the heart of the Lake District.
Using the Lake District as its larder, it stocks some of the finest food and drink in the country. And the fact that it is locally sourced, means it’s fresh. What’s more, it’s clocked up next to no food miles, is often produced in small batches and is seasonal.
Why not take a look at A Day’s Walk website and let us know if there’s anything else that catches your eye? From ice cream to real ales, Cumberland sausage to sticky toffee pudding, we can add it to your order and make sure it’s waiting for you on your arrival at Birkdale House.
The full terms and conditions for our March 2021 giveaway are below:
- There is 1 prize of the above Lake District produce
- Open to UK residents aged 16 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Birkdale House and Matson Ground Estate Company Limited
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday 28 March 2021
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must comment on one of the corresponding Instagram promotional posts – one comment per person
- The winners will be chosen at random
- The winner will be informed on Monday 29 March and will need to respond within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen
- The winner’s name will be available on request
- The prizes will be posted to the winners within 7 days of the winner confirming their address
- The promoter is Birkdale House, Windermere (part of the Matson Ground Estate Company Limited).
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram